The Faithwalkers conference came from the desire to give young men and women the opportunity to hear pastors who have been devoted to Jesus Christ and the Great Commission. At Faithwalkers, people get to hear stories from these men of faith and to learn and benefit from their experiences.
The conference provides a way to continue to pass on the core beliefs of the Great Commission church movement. It is a rallying conference for everyone: young people, couples, parents, and families, to inspire them to be devoted to Jesus Christ and the Great Commission.
The name Faithwalkers was inspired by the Scripture: "We walk by faith and not by sight," (II Cor. 5:7). Also the name Faithwalkers makes a connection to the Native American culture where they would sit around the campfire with the "old ones" listening to them tell stories of the great hunt and deeds of the past. As Christians, older believers are to proclaim the deeds of God to younger believers, as is written in Psalm 78:4: "We will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord."
Ben Brady coordinates housing, meals, and transportation for teens attending without parents (14+) and single young adults. Families and couples will need to coordinate housing, meals, and transportation on their own.
- Early Bird Deadline is Wednesday, November 1st (goes up $20 after that)
- Individual - $35, Couple - $35, Teen (14-17) - $35, Children (0-13) - $0
- Free Registration for Parents attending with Children Age 14-25
- Rates are on website (per night).
- Most from Oak Ridge try to stay in Deluxe Rooms in Mt. Laurel (2 Queen beds)
- Example: 4 people in Mt Laurel is ($89 x 3 nights=$267, $267 / 4 people =$66.75 per person)
- Larger families can also stay in Family Bunks (beds/bunks for 6-8)
- Sometimes couples or small families stay in Standard rooms in Pritchell (1 Queen, 1 Twin bed)
- 3-meal per day plan (6 meals - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner for 2 days): Adult (12+) $70, Child (6-11) $36, Child (0-5) Free
- 2-meal per day plan (4 meals - Lunch, Dinner for 2 days): Adult (12+) $52, Child (6-11) $24, Child (0-5) Free